What are Cookies
By continuing to use this site you consent to the relevant cookies being set on your device.
Can I opt out of cookies?
Yes you can restrict or block the cookies which are set by our websites, and you can do so by accessing your Internet browser settings. The ’Help’ function within your browser should tell you how.
However, please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the websites you visit. For information on how to manage cookies on a mobile phone, games console or internet-enabled television, you should refer to the operations manual specific to each device. To opt out of any third-parties using cookies where data about your interaction with our website is collected, please refer to their website for this information.
SLGR collects only the data we need to conduct a running club. We follow best practice on handling and storing it, and we don’t share it with anyone else unless we are obliged to or permitted to by law.
The website is maintained by SLGR. For the purposes of data protection legislation, SLGR is the data controller.
SLGR is committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation).
This Policy explains how the information we collect about you is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation. Our Data Protection Policy describes your rights as a data subject
NOTE: We are committed to full adoption of this Policy by 25th May 2018.
The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our website:
- Your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
- Your name, an emergency contact number, and any health or allergy information you wish to record.
How we use your information
Depending upon the nature of your request to us we may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- If you email us with an enquiry we may use your personal information to:
Contact you with a response to your enquiry.
- If you apply for club membership, we may use your personal information to:
- Process your membership request and payments.
- Share data with committee members.
- Provide you with information about club sessions, competitions, activities, membership renewals, social events and key policy or governance changes.
- Share and publish race and competition results.
- Invite you to join the SLGR closed Facebook group.
- If you participate in club events (training and/or races, fun runs etc.) we may use your personal information to:
- Share data with club coaches or officials to administer training sessions / events.
- Share anonymised data with a funding partner as condition of grant funding e.g Local Authority, Grant making organisation.
- Analyse anonymised data to monitor club trends.
- If you participate in club team events e.g. cross-country league we may use your personal information to:
- Share data with club co-ordinators to enter events.
- Share data with leagues, county associations and other competition providers for entry in their events.
Our Legal basis for processing your information
We will process your Athletics Data (defined in our Data Protection Statement) on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
- To record your club membership and membership payment / renewal.
- Anonymised, attendance data may be supplied to Regional partners of England Athletics and distributors of funding for Sport England.
- If you request to become a registered athlete with England Athletics, we will share your Athletics Data with them (see note below).
We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. If we would like to share your information for any other purpose, we will ask for your consent.
Under certain conditions, SLGR may be required to share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection.
Protecting your information
- The Internet is not generally a secure medium for communication and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us over the Internet.
- As a local club managed entirely by volunteers, the data that we collect from you is transferred via email. This means it will be held on various email file servers used by the club committee and key club communicators.
- Your data is held in protected folders within the cloud (usually Microsoft One Drive and/or Dropbox). This storage has inbuilt security and access is restricted to – and controlled by – the management committee.
- Where practicable, we protect your data via password-protection of file attachments and/or file encryption.
- Members’ emergency contact details will be distributed to Run Leaders via a secure (password-protected) spreadsheet updated at least twice annually.
- By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
- We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
SLGR will provideyour Athletics Data to England Athletics (EA). EA will use your data to enable access to an online portal for you (called myAthletics). England Athletics will contact you to invite you to sign into and update your MyAthletics portal (which, amongst other things, allows you to set and amend your privacy settings). If you have any questions about the continuing privacy of your personal data when it is shared with England Athletics, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
When we collect your personal data (as part of membership application or renewal) we will ask you for your consent to participate in our surveys. Periodically we will seek your views on club activities or club development using a third party provider, Survey Monkey (www.surveymonkey.com).
If you have provided consent to participate, we will transfer your data to Survey Monkey for these purposes only. In each survey, we will clearly tell you what data we are collecting, and provide a link to terms and conditions for any incentives offered to take part in that survey.
Service and Marketing messages
If you are not a current member and currently receiving unwanted communications from SLGR, please let us know by contacting Club Secretary email@example.com
Finding out what information SLGR holds about you
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called Subject Access Requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please email Club Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting.
Any data that we collect from you will be deleted in accordance with timescales set out below:
- Athletics Data: Two years after an individual has not renewed their membership
- Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. SLGR cannot manage data controlled by third-parties.
SLGR Data Protection Policy
This policy was last updated on 29th April 2018, it outlines your rights as a data subject – and our compliance with GDPR (required from 25th May 2018).
SLGR is a friendly local running club managed by a voluntary committee. We aim to promote running for fun, fitness and competition in the Dartford area and are affiliated to England Athletics (EA) and ultimately, United Kingdom Athletics (UKA). SLGR is the data controller under data protection legislation.
What data we will collect
When you become a member, SLGR will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, email address, address, telephone number, emergency contact data nominated by you, and (for our coaches, leaders and club officials), any medical conditions and medication you take. Collectively, this is referred to as your Athletics Data.
Race results that are publicly available will be collated and re-published on the SLGR website. In addition, results of club competition and inter-club competitions may also be published on our website. Please be aware that when you participate in any sporting event, your results will be published on the organiser’s site and numerous other race results sites. In many cases photographs are posted with runners’ names and individuals are identified.
We plan to offer all members a printed ‘In Case of Emergency’ (ICE) band. To process any request we will need to collect your name, an emergency contact number, and any health or allergy information you wish to record. We refer to this as your ICE band data.
If you run with us as a guest (a non-member) you are required to provide your name and emergency contact details. These are held as a hand-written note only and are destroyed at the end of each run session.
Whether you are a member or a guest, SLGR records and stores anonymous ‘head-count’ totals for each run session.
Photographs are often taken at SLGR training sessions and events. The photographs may be used by the Club on this website and in club publicity and promotion. Wherever practicable, individual names will not be used.
Why we collect it
- We will collect and process your Athletics Data for the purposes of registering you as a member of SLGR and administering your involvement in the sport.
- We monitor numbers attending so we can plan future sessions (i.e. try to ensure sufficient numbers of run leaders are available according to numbers participating).
In both cases, we will process it on the basis of legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are the interests of registering you as a member (and where requested by you, registering your details with England Athletics) and to administer our club activities.
How long we will keep it
We will retain your Athletics Data for such time as you are a member registered with us and will then delete your information as follows:
- Athletics Data: Two years after an individual has not renewed their membership.
- Published race results and Club Records: Indefinitely
Note: race results are published and freely available online from many sources. SLGR cannot manage data controlled by third-parties
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- To access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data;
- To object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- To prevent processing for direct marketing;
- To object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- In certain circumstances, to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- To claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation.
Sharing your data
Where you request EA affiliation (often referred to as “UKA affiliation”) and/or participation in club-entered events, we will share your Athletics Data with athletics partners including: EA, UK Athletics, Kent Cross-Country league partners, other Athletics Organisations, County Athletics Association and / or Area Athletics Association and third-party data managers that we appoint as data processors as part of administering your involvement in sport.
We will not transfer your data to any other third parties without obtaining your consent and, where possible, will anonymise your data before sharing. We will also not share any other personal data you provide to us that is not Athletics Data.
If you have any concerns or complaints in relation to how SLGR collects and/or processes your personal data, please contact the Club Secretary email@example.com in the first instance.
If you are dissatisfied with how your concern/complaint is dealt with by SLGR, you have the right to report your concern/complaint to the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk).